Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy late Fourth of July!

Finishing up my Venice painting...For my last painting I will be doing Scotland with a castle as the cityscape and perhaps a unique "Scottish?" boat to connect with my water theme. Last meeting I discussed my indecisiveness on the last poster. I wanted to use green and yellow as my colors and wanted a country that represented or what though of with those particular colors. I narrowed it down to Ireland and Scotland. The most difficult with the design was what to put as the "object" in the water. At one point I actually photoshopped the Loch Ness Monster in the water. I decided on a "hooker" boat that are used daily on the ocean. The city in Scotland I picked is Galway and is known as the "city of the tribes."

I will sketch Galway on the canvas this weekend and will begin painting.
I am not where I wanted/expected to be by this date. I expected to be done with them by the 8th and then use the rest of the week for touchups.

I will update on the 13th after I have turned in my posters and they have been graded. I will post pictures of the four posters and my artist statement along with it :)

1 comment: